Applied Science Department
Department of Applied Science is a multidisciplinary department. The core courses being offered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Principles of Engineering Economics and Management. Department has a team of dedicated faculty members who are actively engaged in imparting quality teaching in basic sciences and humanities to the engineering students. It is an endeavor of the department to provide students such an ambience that they have holistic growth leading to excellence in their professional life as well as social life. Apart from the undergraduate courses, the department is also pursuing research activities in the above-mentioned disciplines and is currently having research scholars in various subjects. Department welcomes committed minds to join hands to build a strong, dynamic and wholesome work place.
The department of Applied Sciences is committed to inculcate expertise in the students in the field of basic sciences, technology and personality development so that they can make the world a better place.
- Prepare the students’ basics strongly to make a mark at global perspective.
- Culminate extraordinary analytical, logical and ethical skills to make them industry ready.
- Develop a good citizen and a good human being through all round development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Fundamental Knowledge: Under graduates will be skilled in the fundamental concepts of basic sciences necessary for success in industry or in engineering practices as well as advanced study.
- Specialization: Under graduates will be prepared to pursue career choices in all branches of engineering or related interdisciplinary fields that will benefit from a strong background in applied sciences and engineering.
- Design Skills: Under graduates will be prepared with problem solving skills, laboratory skills, and design skills for technical careers in solving critical problems.
- Professional Skills: Under graduates will be prepared as an effective team member with good communication and teamwork skills as well as an appreciation for ethical behavior necessary to thrive in their careers.
- Self-Learning: Under graduates will be prepared to continue their professional development through continuous education and personal development experiences based on their awareness of library resources and professional societies, journals, and meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, expert talks, industry interactions, etc.
- Sustainability: Under graduates would be able to maintain the environmental serenity along with keeping pace with the ever changing scenario of the industry.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- Under graduates will have an ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Under graduates will have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Under graduates will have an ability to design a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, health and safety.
- Under graduates will have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Under graduates will have an ability to identify, formulate and evaluate engineering problems.
- Under graduates will understand professional and ethical responsibility in practice always.
- Under graduates will have an ability to communicate effectively using oral, written and graphic forms.
- Under graduates will have a broader perspective necessary to understand the impact of basic sciences in a global and social environment.
- Under graduates will have recognition of the need for engineering tools, and an ability to engage in life-long learning to acquire other knowledge.