The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering at CERT Meerut was established in the year 1999. The department runs four year full time B.Tech program in Electronics & Communication Engineering with total intake of 60 students.
Electronics & Communication Engineering is a branch of studies which deals with the science of electrons that covers a wide range of applications like Television, Radio, computers, telecommunication etc. which make our life easier and enjoyable.
To be recognised by the society at large as a full- fledged department, offering quality higher education in the Electronics and Communication Engineering field with research focus catering to the needs of the public and staying in tune with the advancing technological revolution and challenging cultural changes.
To achieve the vision, the department will
- Establish a unique learning environment to enable the students to face the challenges of the Electronics and Communication Engineering field.
- Promote the establishment of centres of excellence in niche technology areas to nurture the spirit of innovation and creativity among faculty and students.
- Provide ethical and value based education by promoting activities addressing the societal needs.
- Enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
- PEO1: Produce Industry ready graduates having the ability to apply knowledge across the disciplines and in emerging areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering for higher studies, employability and handle the realistic problems.
- PEO2: Graduates shall have good communication skills, possess ethical conduct, sense of responsibility to serve the society and protect the environment.
- PEO3: Graduates shall have soft skills, managerial skills, leadership qualities and understand the need for lifelong learning for a successful professional career.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs) :
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.